Login to Jwines
Create an Account
Forgot Your Password?
65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 17% Petit Verdot, 15% Merlot, 3% Cabernet Franc. The grapes used in making this delicious wine were fermented and barrel aged in French oak for a period of 15 months. The wine was then blended, bottled and aged for a further year prior to labeling. This limited edition wine is a deep purple in color with an aroma of blackcurrants, cassis, bitter-sweet chocolate and hints of smoke. It is full-bodied with a long, well-balanced aftertaste. The wine is ready for immediate consumption, but will continue to develop in the bottle. In order to preserve its full potential, the wine was not fined and only coarsely filtered prior to bottling.
Roast lamb, aged bard cheeses.
Elegant with an aroma of blackcurrant, cassis, exotic spices with a hint of eucalyptus.
CUSTOMERS WHO BOUGHT THIS ALSO BOUGHT
- There is no recently viewed history to display at this time.
- Name: Kosher Wino (Reviewed on 7/6/12)
- 2007 is the fourth vintage of Carmelâ€™s premiere blend, Carmel Limited Edition (previous vintages in 2003, 2004, 2005). The 2007 Limited Edition contains classic Bordeaux varietals sourced exclusively from the Upper Galilee, aged separately in French oak barriques for 15 months and then blended together to produce this wine. This is a concentrated yet restrained blend that is flush with fruit and backed by a welcomed earthiness and pockets of toast. The mouth is supple and velvety with silky tannins that are so cleverly interwoven. Acidity is a bit low and it somewhat flattens the wine on the mid-palate, but overall this blend is graceful, elegant and enjoyable. Drink now and for the next 4 years. Lâ€™Chaim!
- Name: Yossie Horwitz (Reviewed on 6/25/12)
- An awesomely elegant wine that I had the pleasure of tasting in the company of Adam Montefiore last October. An amazing blend of Cabernet Sauvignon (57%), Petit Verdot (31%), Merlot (5%), Malbec (5%) and Cabernet Franc (2%), all from Carmelâ€™s vineyards in the Upper Galilee and aged in French oak for 15 months with 13.5% alcohol. A smooth and generous wine with a ripe and extracted nose of rich and warm forest fruit, oriental spices, black pepper and some vanilla most of which follows onto a mouth filling palate of more fruit, some spicy oak, spices and some dark chocolate leading into a lingering finish. Highly enjoyable right now (especially in the right company), this wine will continue to develop for another year or so and should cellar comfortably through 2020.