Psagot Winery is located in the northern Jerusalem Mountains. The region has had an abundance of vineyards and wineries since ancient times, whose remnants exist even today. The Winery’s barrel cellar is located in an ancient cave that was discovered during the process of establishing the winery. The natural damp conditions and constant temperature facilitate the high-quality aging process of the winery’s wines.
Psagot Winery is located in the northern Judean Mountains, just minutes from Jerusalesm. The region has had an abundance of vineyards and wineries since ancient times, whose remnants exist even today. Psagot Winery has steadily developed its wine production, and now produces over 100,000 bottles of wine annually.
In the 1980s, the Berg family settled in Psagot. The father, Meir, an engineer and mathematician, planted vines for grape consumption and expanded the agricultural area to plant cherry and nectarine orchards.
In 1998, he planted the first grape vineyard for wine production, 18 dunam of Cabernet Sauvignon grapes. The winery concept took root deeply within the son, Yaakov, and his wife Naama. In 2002, the winery was established by the young couple in the heart of the vineyard which had expanded, and it, too, grew. Today it stands on 40 dunam of wine vineyards owned by the Psagot Winery.
Psagot Winery consistently produces award wining wines that have acknowledged on an international level. We invite you to come visit us at our state of the art facility and visiting center.
Psagot Winery wines are kosher for Passover and all year round, under the certification of the Mehadrin Rabbinate of Maatie Binyamin, Israel and the American O-U (Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America).
Use coupon code Psagot10 to receive a 10% discount on all Psagot wines.
- Edom (Blend of Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot) –
- Winner of Gold Medals in the 2006 Eshkol Hazahav Competition and the 2006 International Terravino Competition.
- Cabernet Sauvignon – Winner of the Gold Medal in the 2006 Eshkol Hazahav (Golden Cluster) Competition.
- Merlot – Produced from high quality Merlot grapes that were
- harvested from the Dolev and Har Bracha vineyards. Winner of the Silver Medal in the 2007 Eshkol Hazahav Competition.
- Chardonnay – Produced from Chardonnay grapes. A balanced, full-full-bodied, rich wine.
- Viognier – Produced from Viognier grapes harvested from the Mata vineyards. A refreshing, aromatic, fruity wine. Winner of the Arad Medal in the 2007 Eshkol Hazahav Competition.
- Prat – A Port style wine. Winner of the Gold Medal in the 2006
- EshkolHazahav Competition. Winner of the Gold Medal in the 2006 Teravino Competition.